Unless otherwise stated, the terms mentioned below correspond to the terms defined in the General Terms & Conditions of Use of the Website.
Any person using the services of PROGRESS CONSULTING agrees to the collection and processing of his or her personal data in accordance with the information set out below. In particular, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure, storage and protection of your personal data as described below. If you do not provide the required information, you may not be able to use all the services offered.
In order to use some of the services offered, it is necessary to provide an email address and a password, as well as other personal data in some cases. This information can not be seen by other Users.
PROGRESS CONSULTING, as well as all related companies, executing agents and representatives undertake to process the data in accordance with the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data.
The Data Protection Officer is UP MANAGEMENT SPRL whose registered office is located at 4000 Liege, rue Henri Vieuxtemps 33, Belgium (BCE: 0478 023 027) (email: email@example.com).
The required data is sent via a secure server and is stored in a database.
Collection of necessary data
The following personal data may be collected:
- your details: name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, sex, etc.
- all the information encoded in your user profile on the Website, as well as any preferences saved by you
- information about previously followed trained courses (theme, place, duration, etc.)
- all the content you generate or that is related to your account
- financial information related to a transaction (account number, credit card number, etc.)
- any relevant shipping, billing or other information used to make a purchase on the Website
- information sent during your exchanges with PROGRESS CONSULTING or other Website users
- the IP address assigned to you when you log in, as well as the date and time you access the Website
- your browsing history
- the type of device and browser used, as well as the platform and/or operating system installed on the device used (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- the search engine and the passwords used to find the Website
- geolocation information, including information about the location of your device (the location permission can be disabled on most mobile devices)
- personal data collected through cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies
Within legal limits, PROGRESS CONSULTING may also collect data from other sources, including public sources and third parties.
Where applicable and if provided for on the Website, the User may also share information originating from social media networks (e.g. in order to log into the Website); we may retain this data. These social media networks may automatically give us access to some of your personal information that they have stored. These permissions can be managed in the privacy settings of the relevant social media network.
If you provide us with personal information about a third party, you should only do so after obtaining said party’s express prior consent. You must also notify the third party about how we collect, use, disclose and store their personal information.
Purpose of data processing
Your personal data is always processed in accordance with the applicable laws.
The data is collected in order to enable the performance of the contract, the proper use and improvement of the services offered, the management of users, and to combat any abuse or misuse of the services offered and/or any irregularities. The data may also be used by PROGRESS CONSULTING to share information about its products and/or those of its partners.
More specifically, PROGRESS CONSULTING can use and store personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide, improve and personalize the offered services
- to provide access to the services and enable their use, as well as evaluating them
- to follow up on training courses, your interests, etc.
- to enable you to access the record of your training courses, your internal messages and other features
- to provide other services based on your interests and the collected data
- to offer services based on your location (advertisements, search results and other personalized content) via location services
- to contact you (by any means based on the information you provide) about your account and to provide you with customer services, deal with technical problems, resolve a dispute, collect fees or monies owed, obtain your opinion through questionnaires, respond to your requests, send you a newsletter, and contact you for canvassing purposes unless you have expressly declined such use, etc.
- to personalize and improve advertising and marketing messages, and to evaluate their performance
- to offer you vouchers, discounts and special promotions, and to inform you of our services and those of our partners
- to prevent, detect, limit and investigate fraudulent and/or illegal activities, as well as security failures
In the event of a dispute, the personal data of the users in question may be sent to a third party responsible for managing disputes (law firm, debt collection company, etc.), which will also ensure that it complies with the applicable legislation regarding this data.
The collected data may be sent to a third party in the case of a partnership or in the event of a possible transfer.
The collected data is stored on servers and for the time required to carry out the aforementioned purposes. Once this time period has elapsed, the data is deleted. It is either archived anonymously or stored for the purposes of compiling statistics only. The protection of the collected and stored data meets the relevant norms and standards.
Data access, rectification, objection and deletion
If you wish to obtain information about your personal data, how it is shared and whether it is processed, you can contact PROGRESS CONSULTING. If the stored data is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, you may request that it be rectified, free of charge, provided that this is a reasonable request.
You can choose how we use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information and provide you with relevant personalized advertizing (via your profile settings on the Website). You can also choose whether you want to stay logged into your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link in the email you received, change your settings or indicate your preferences by contacting PROGRESS CONSULTING directly. You may also object to the processing of your data, in particular when it is collected for direct marketing purposes; you can also request it deletion and the prohibition of its use.
All requests must be made in writing, be dated and signed, accompanied by proof of identity and sent to PROGRESS CONSULTING’S registered office. Your request will be dealt with within one month.
PROGRESS CONSULTING can not be held liable for any incorrect information provided by users in their profile.
Each user is responsible for the confidentiality of his or her account on the Website, in particular by protecting it with a sufficiently strong password, and for the use that is made of his or her account.
PROGRESS CONSULTING has taken all appropriate measures to secure the personal data collected and to prevent its theft, loss, destruction, corruption, etc. However, no technology is infallible as users are aware. PROGRESS CONSULTING declines all responsibility in particular for the loss, total or partial destruction, corruption or fraudulent acquisition of data provided via its services, as well as for any resulting damage.
If you would like more information about personal data and how it is processed, please contact: Commission de la protection de la vie privée: www.privacycommission.be
Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
We also welcome any comments you may have regarding your privacy and the processing of your personal data.