Whenever an organisation implements an action plan to achieve an objective, a range of different processes come into play:
- issuing instructions
- observation (formal or informal)
We can support staff members through these processes, monitoring and observing them in action then delivering feedback through coaching sessions.
- we make contact with the staff members in question
- we provide a hands-on, easy-to-use behavioural observation grid
- we observe their general behaviour, identifying whether feedback is constructive, the types of instruction given, whether communication is directive or participatory, whether staff are solution-oriented, etc.
- we report back on our observations in individual meetings and hold coaching sessions (1-3 sessions) with each staff member.
We can also work on the following aspects:
- interpersonal communication
- feedback and instruction methods
- integration of objectives in management and communication activities.
This process gives staff members a clear insight into the observation, control and instruction phases and helps to allay the often negative connotations associated with these processes.
Through our work, we help to establish a climate of dialogue and participation between staff members and managers. We also stress the importance of clear, effective language to achieving objectives.